Friday, November 21, 2008

Tried a Subway Spicy Sub

After spending most of the morning at Madigan Army Medical Center and having to fast for blood tests, I was starving. Well, not starving but very hungry, you know where I'm coming from. I discovered the hospital added a Subway sandwich shop. (There is also an Anthony's Pizza that has been there forever. The Hot Dog place has been closed and replaced with a Sushi Shop.) A woman I met in Endocrinology and I decided to share one of Subways $5.00 foot long subs. We got the spicy sub with tomatoes, black olives, pepperocinis (however that's spelled), tomatoes, parmesan cheese, mozzerella, pepperoni, salami, oregano, oil and vinegar; on toasted garlic bread. Wow, did that hit the spot! The bread was light, the vegetables crisp and there was a nice tang to every bite. We asked the foot long be cut into four pieces and of course there was a piece left for us later for dinner too. Definitely a bang for the buck.

I enjoy meeting people and this nice lady was from Texas was a breath of fresh air. We discussed our grown children, our retired husbands, Sarah Palin, etcetera, etcetera. This is the first time I ever shared lunch with a stranger but it was refreshing and fun.

2 comments:

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Dang, now I'm hungry again! :^)

Anonymous said...

Little But Informative!
IBuy Barbeques